When we started thinking about our goal for this week we realized that we have been working really hard lately on becoming better more balanced people. We think it’s time to cash in on our 80/20 rule (80% good, 20% half good) and enjoy some cupcakes! Below is one of our favorite recipes from Delish. This week’s goal is to have fun baking and to enjoy every bite of your cupcake. Enjoy!
- 1 1/3 cup(s) cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 stick(s) (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened
- 9 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Add unsweetened cocoa powder to flour before sifting. In a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in granulated sugar; beat 2 minutes until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time until well blended; beat in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, just until smooth. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly pressed. Let cool. Top with frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency