The 80/20 Rule is like made for the Holidays. Time to enjoy some goodies. Here is a favorite and a must on the smorgasbord - Swedish Chocolate Balls.
- 4 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- Mix the oats, sugar, and cocoa together in a bowl. Add the butter, and use your hands to mix the ingredients together to make a thick dough. Mix in the coffee and vanilla until thoroughly blended.
- Place the coconut flakes in a small bowl.
- Pinch off small amounts of dough and roll between your hands to make small balls, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Roll the balls in the coconut flakes and place on a plate.
- Place the balls in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to become firmer.
- Serve and enjoy!
(The Chocolate Balls will last for about a week in the fridge so they can be made in advance for the Holidays)