- 1 pack of frozen spinach (thawed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 ½ cups of cheddar cheese
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 1 tsp of basil, parsley and thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Whole wheat bread
- Chop the spinach.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the onion and sauté in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- While onion and spinach cook, mix the milk and eggs together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sautéed onion and spinach with rice, milk/eggs mixture, basil, thyme, parsley and two cups of cheese. Stir to combine all ingredients well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray or rub with olive oil.
- Add rice mixture to dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with bread.