- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- ½ green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 - 28 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 - 15 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 - 10 ounce package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 - 12 ounce package uncooked elbow macaroni
- Shredded cheese
- Salad; lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumber and mix with the lettuce. Place in serving bowl and set aside until serving.
- Chop the onion.
- Dice the green pepper.
- Chop the garlic.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet.
- Sauté onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas and corn. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened and heated through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Combine pasta and sauce. Sprinkle each serving with Monterey Jack cheese.