Smoked Chicken & Peach Salad
The Summer is flying by. Time to enjoy some more salads before colder weather is coming.
- ½ pound asparagus
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 pounds smoked chicken breasts
- 1 small red onion
- 2 peaches
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Rinse and trim the asparagus. Cut them into 1 ½ pieces.
- Boil or steam the asparagus until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Toast the pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant.
- Slice the chicken breast thinly.
- Slice the onion thinly.
- Slice the peaches thinly.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl for serving.
- To make the vinaigrette, chop the dill finely and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a jar with lid. Shake well.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, toss gently and serve.