Pizza is never wrong. Especially when it's this good. This is a recipe from one of our upcoming menus. Enjoy!
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 whole-wheat pizza bread
- 4 oz peeled and shaved butternut squash (about 1/4 of an average size squash)
- 3 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 oz dry-roasted unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salad: Baby lettuce, tomato, corn and cucumber
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Peal and shave the butternut squash.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet on medium-low.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden, about 25 minutes. If onions begin to stick to skillet, occasionally add a splash of water.
- Place pizza bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Scatter onions, squash, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds over top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until crust is lightly browned and squash is wilted.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add vinegar and bring to a boil on high heat. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Remove pizza from oven and immediately scatter with arugula. Drizzle with vinegar reduction, slice into 8 equal pieces and serve with the salad.