Scallops with Lemon and Capers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 ½ tsp flour
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 ½ lb sea scallops, patted dry
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a 2-cup liquid measure, stir broth, capers, flour, garlic, zest, juice, salt and pepper, until flour dissolves
- Melt 2 TBSP butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When butter just start to brown, add scallops and cook 4 to 5 minutes turning once, until golden and cooked through.
- Remove to plate.
- Add broth mixture to skillet, bring to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute or until lightly thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining butter and parsley
- Spoon over scallops
- Serve with a side of brown rice