- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz whole-wheat linguine
- 3 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- Shredded carrots
- Finely grate the Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Finely mince the garlic and set aside.
- Rinse the chicken, pat dry and cut into ½ inch pieces.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high, cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Stir in vegetables 2 minutes before pasta is al dente (very slightly chalky in the center).
- While pasta is cooking, add egg, cheese, garlic, pepper and salt to the bowl with chicken, stirring to combine.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta. Immediately add pasta and 1/2 of reserved pasta water to chicken mixture, tossing to combine.
- Add more pasta water, as desired. Serve immediately with the carrots.