A perfect dish for the picnic basket or a nice dinner that gives you a break from grilling. Enjoy!
Penne with Pesto and Peas
- 7 oz penne pasta
- 3 tbsp pine kernels
- ½ salt
- 2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup peas
- Cook the pasta following the direction on the box
- To make the pesto; grind the pine kernels and salt in a mortar. Add the basil, oil and garlic. Continue to grind until everything is mixed well. You can also use a mixer.
- Steam the peas in a vegetable steamer or a wok for about 3-4 minutes
- Drain the cooked pasta and place in a large, heated serving bowl. Mix in the pesto, top with the peas, and serve immediately.