Great dinner with some added vitamin C.
- 1 pound skinless lean turkey fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 ¼ unsweetened orange juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz small broccoli florets
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large orange
- 1 oz pitted black olives
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- Cook the rice according to the packaging.
- Chop the onion.
- Cut the turkey into thin strips.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the onion and turkey, stirring, for about 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the orange juice and the bay leaf and seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli, covered, for 2 minutes. Add the diced zucchini, bring to a boil, cover and cook for 3 minutes (be careful not to overcook the vegetables). Drain and set aside.
- Peel the orange (make sure to remove all the white pith as well). Slice the orange into thin wedges and then cut each slice in half.
- Stir the broccoli, zucchini, cooked rice and orange slices into the turkey mixture. Gently mix together and heat through for a couple of minutes until hot.
- Transfer the turkey rice to a serving plate and garnish with the black olives