Yesterday during a staff meeting we somehow got onto the subject of our logo and how versatile apples are in cooking. You can put apples in desserts, salads, stews, sandwiches, well…almost anything. Here is an upcoming recipe from our menu. What is your favorite apple recipe? Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post some of them here. Thanks!
Meat Sticks with Apple Risotto
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 ½ cup long grain rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp curry
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Barbeque sticks (remember to put them in water to soak if you are using wooden ones)
- Rinse, peel and cut the apples in small cubes.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Fry the apples and rice in half the oil. Add the curry and stir.
- Add the water and ½ tsp of the salt. Let simmer under a lid for 20 minutes.
- Mix the ground beef, ½ cup of the sour cream, the rest of the salt and the pepper in a bowl.
- Form the ground beef around 4-6 barbeque sticks. Brush on the rest of the oil.
- Grill the meat sticks on a grill or in a grill pan for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix in the rest of the sour cream into the cooked rice and add pepper. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve the risotto and the meat sticks.