Here is a new recipe we've tested this week and added to our menu. Enjoy!
Garlic Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 lb pre-peeled medium shrimp
- 1 box whole wheat Angel hair pasta
- I pint of cherry tomato (cut into halves)
- 4 gloves of garlic (smashed and minced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- I cup of pasta sauce
- 2 tbs of Olive Oil
- 2 tbs of butter
- In a large pot bring 4 quarts of water to a rapid boil, add pasta and cook until done.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil and butter to saucepan and heat.
- Once butter has melted add diced onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add cherry tomato and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir to coat shrimp with mixture. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp is done (be careful not to overcook the shrimp since they will get very chewy.)
- Drain pasta and put it back into the pot.
- Pour the shrimp mixture into the pot with the pasta.
- Mix well to ensure that pasta has been coated with mixture. Add pasta sauce and mix well.
- Pour into nice large bowl and serve with the spinach. Enjoy!
- Rinse and pour the spinach into a bowl to serve as a salad
- Add extra pasta and tomato sauce to make the meal a little bit bigger and have extra for lunch tomorrow.