- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 8 oz whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 20 medium raw shrimp
- Salad: arugula, pine nuts, grated parmesan, olive oil and salt.
- Make the salad: roast the pine nuts quickly in a pan with a little bit of olive oil, in a bowl mix with the nuts with the arugula and drizzle with olive oil, salt and parmesan.
- Clean the shrimp and set aside.
- Prepare sauce: Using a food processor or mixer, pulse cilantro, oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes until combined. While food processor/mixer is running, add oil and vinegar. Stir in salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, cook the shrimp for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add pasta and garlic-cilantro mixture and cook, stirring often, for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with the salad.