- 1 lb 3 oz large shrimp
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¾ cups plus 2 tbsp coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Basmati rice
- Wash and peel the shrimp and set to the side.
- Grate the zest and squeeze the juice out of the lime. Set to the side.
- Chop the coriander leaves finely and set to the side.
- Put on the rice to cook following the direction on the packaging.
- Cut the onion in half and slice it finely.
- Slice the garlic finely.
- Peel the ginger and chop it finely.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic and ginger for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin and turmeric and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and lime zest and juice and let simmer for another 2 minutes or until the shrimp are heated through. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Add the coriander leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with rice.