- 6 (1 ½ pound) medium skinless, chicken breast halves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 8-oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup red sweet pepper
- ½ cup green pepper
- ½ cup yellow pepper
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 tsp chili power
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Red, green and yellow pepper rings for serving
- Brown rice
- Chop the onion and put aside.
- Chop all three peppers.
- Clean the chicken, pat dry and sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Cook the chicken until browned evenly on both sides. Drain off excess fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine well the stewed tomatoes (undrained), the onion, the peppers, wine, chili powder and cumin.
- Put on the rice to cook following the directions on the packaging.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan (keeping the pepper mixture in the pan) and place on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Heat the tomato mixture to a boil and boil, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and serve with the rice.