Chicken & Sweet Potato Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cups water
- 1 ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken (in one layer), salt, and water to just cover
- Bring to a low boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until mostly cooked through but still pink in the center, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit in the cooking water for 5 minutes.
- Measure out and reserve 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and when cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Microwave the sweet potatoes on high power for 6 to 7 minutes, or until firm-tender. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pesto, vinegar, and reserved cooking water.
- Clean the bell pepper and cut in to cubes.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, sweet potatoes, and bell pepper with the pesto dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let sit for a couple of minutes to absorb the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!