- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (2 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of flour (almond, coconut, soy or all purpose)
- 1 ½ cups of milk (2%, reduced fat or regular whole milk)
- ¼ tbsp of prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp of chopped chives
- ½ cup of cooking sherry (optional)
- Shredded carrots
- Pre-heat oven to 375° degrees.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Heat an oven safe nonstick pan on high heat and sear the meat for 3 minutes on each side to caramelize the beef.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 8 to 15 minutes for medium rare to well done meat.
- Cook the couscous following the directions on the packaging.
- As meat cooks in the oven, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Combine flour with melted butter and cook for a minute.
- Add milk and whisk until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add horseradish, chives, salt and pepper.
- Stir to incorporate all ingredients evenly, transfer sauce to serving dish.
- After meat cooks to desired doneness, remove from oven and transfer to serving platter.
- Return pan to stove and deglaze over medium-high heat using cooking sherry. Add the remaining butter and pour drippings over steaks to serve.
- Serve with the couscous and shredded carrots.