Balsamic Pork & Berry Salad
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 8 oz pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for cooking)
- 1 tsp olive oil (for dressing)
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- Chop or tear the romaine lettuce into pieces.
- Slice the strawberries and the celery.
- Mix the lettuce, strawberries and celery in a bowl and set aside.
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the walnuts and set aside.
- Chop the chives and set aside.
- Trim the fat from the pork.
- Cut the pork crosswise into ¼ -inch slices.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Cook the pork until well done and remove from pan. Cover to keep warm.
- To make the dressing; add olive oil to the pan. Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds. Stir in the honey, vinegar and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Place the salad on each plate. Top with the pork and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with the nuts and chives and serve.