Great light dish to be served with salad and bread on a nice summer day.
Baked Tomatoes with Walnuts
- 4 large tomatoes
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Blanch the peas; bring water to boil. Add the peas and let boil for about one minute. Drain the peas and immediately immerse them in a bowl of ice water. Let the peas completely cool. Remove from water and allow to dry on a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the tops of the tomatoes and set the tops aside.
- Scoop out the tomato seeds with your fingers or a teaspoon.
- Lightly toast the walnuts in a pan (they burn quickly so be careful) and mix in the peas.
- Add the garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar and basil. Gently mix and season.
- Fill the scooped-out tomatoes with the walnut mix and with parmesan cheese.
- Put the tops back on the tomatoes and bake on the top shelf of the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with bread and salad.