You can’t go wrong with Mac & Cheese, especially when it’s a healthier version of the old favorite. Hope you like it as much as our families do!
Approx. 45 minutes.
- 2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 13x9 –inch glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package and drain well.
- Put the pasta into a large bowl. Add the cheddar right away and stir until the cheese has melted.
- In another bowl, add the evaporated milk, eggs, sour cream, mustard, salt and cayenne pepper (optional). Whisk it all together.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with pasta and mix well.
- Scrape the mixture in the baking dish and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Put the dish into the oven and bake until it’s golden brown and is crispy around the edges (about 35-40 mins depending on your oven).