Hope you’ve had a great weekend!
Happy New Year everyone!
Interesting facts – 1/3 of New Year’s resolutions pertain to weight, diet and health. 77% of resolution-makers are successful for no more than one week! You have 10 times increased likelihood of keeping your resolutions when you set an explicit goal. Time to get specific! What is your main goal this year and how do you plan to reach it?
- 1 mango
- 4 kiwi fruits
- 1 ½ cups pineapple juice
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- Peel the mango
- Cut the mango into two thick slices as close to the pit as possible
- Cut off any flesh adhering to the pit
- Chop up all the mango flesh
- Peel the kiwi fruit with a sharp knife and chop the flesh
- Put the mango, kiwi fruit, pineapple juice, and mint leaves into a food processor or blender and process until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Preparation. Preparation. Preparation. Stellibell meals are quick and easy, but if you want to make it even easier prep the night before. Clean and chop the vegetables, make the salad etc. If you are going to be in super rush, you can even put out all the dry ingredients on the counter to speed up the process further. You will look like an even bigger master chef than you are now!
Today we are launching our new Vegetarian Menu Option! We are constantly exploring how we can improve the quality of life for our customers so we are very excited to now be able to provide this option to our customers.
The goal this week is to rejuvenate your spirits. One way to do that is to go on an "news fast" - avoiding news on the television, newspaper or the Internet for a few days or even a week.
We all deserve to feel good all the time, but unfortunately we all have days when we need a pick me up. Thankfully it usually doesn’t take much to switch into a good mood again. This week’s goal is to write down a list of things that puts you in a good mood and make sure you have them handy. Here are some ideas that might help you coming up with your own list:
- Think about your favorite memory from this summer and all the good memories to come. In other words, switch the “channel” and think about something else.
- Cook a good meal (a Stellibell meal of course!)
- Make a comforting cup of tea
- Read a good book
- Turn on your favorite music
- Take a walk
As Stellibell members we eat very healthy at home and during the week, but what about the weekends and party time? Here are some strategies to keep you on track:
- A lot of us have a difficult time saying no when being offered dessert (there is that guilt again…), so instead of saying no, just say “I would love to, I’m just going to wait a little”
- Wear a piece of jewelry (ring or bracelet) that will remind you every time you reach for food or are about to put something into your month to eat in moderation and pick healthy options.
- Wear a form-fitting outfit or tight pants which will remind you not to stuff yourself to discomfort.
- Focus on the company instead of the food and mingle all night long.
- Eat something healthy at home before you go to a party so that you are not hungry when you arrive.
- If possible, pack some healthy snacks.
September is here. How did that happen? Regardless whether we have a family or not, the fall seems to add more tasks and events to our schedule. The goal for this week (and every week) is to make sure we take at least 15 minutes to ourselves every day. Might sounds like an easy task but 15 minutes is a lot for some of us. Guilt is also a big part of it. Many of us feel guilty for taking time for ourselves when there are so many other things we should be doing. If you are a Stellibell member, make sure that some of that time you are saving are spent on something you enjoy doing; read a book, take a walk, exercise, call a friend etc